Basic Credit Risk Management
This course gives participants a good understanding of credit risk management from the perspective of the business lender. During the course participants look at financial statements analysis and consider the preparation of the credit application.
On completion of the course participants understand:
- Risk assessment and management
- Credit policy guidelines
- How to analyse financial statements
- The non-financial aspects of the credit evaluatio
- The significance of covenants and other controls in loan agreements
- The importance of monitoring accounts and dealing with problem/slow accounts
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for participants at the start of their lending career or those with some lending experience who wish to refresh their knowledge. The course is also suitable for participants providing support services to lenders. It is assumed that participants have only a minimum understanding of financial statements.