People issues often take up a lot of time at work and can sometimes be more complex and stressful than technical issues. This course is designed to give people strategies and the understanding to help them work as effectively as possible with others. It starts from the premise that in order to interact better with different personality types at work, we must first understand ourselves. Completion of a personality assessment (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) will be required before the course. This is used on the day to help participants increase their understanding of themselves and others.
On completion of the course participants will:
- Have an good understanding of why people behave the way they do
- Understand the strengths they have when working with others
- Have developed their skills for interacting with others
- Be more skilled at achieving their goals at business meetings
- Handle conflict more productively
- Be able to give and receive feedback constructivelys
- Know how to get the best from others
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for people who rely on others for the success of their work and need to be either good team players or leaders of teams. The course is also beneficial for people who find people problems take up a lot of their time or who would like to feel more comfortable with conflict.